Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ungulates

From Photo of the day 2012

Spotted this big white-tailed buck on the way home from school on Monday with his girlfriend. I think he has 5 points, regardless he was big. I'm not really happy with this picture because it was waay to dark and I had to tweak it too much in Picasa 3 - highlights, fill light, too much sharpening, etc. Looked at anywhere other than here it would be grim. But it works and a neat subject. I liked how he held his head up and looked fairly regal.

From Photo of the day 2012

These two moose I spotted on the way home from school on Friday. It was intended to be posted as part of last week, but I got too busy. Again, the shot was far to dark and this is much over edited. After marking my student's work I am beginning to think I am getting horribly out of practice, as their current shots put these to shame. The moose were cool though - these are the first moose I have seen since moving up here, though there are loads of tracks in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment