Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chickadees

From Photo of the day 2012
So I stayed home sick from work on Thursday - after feeding the pigeons and hauling wood I spied some nice light and pack of chickadees outside my front door and figured I need to take more opportunities. I snapped a bunch - most didn't come out because of distractions or the fact that chickadees just move very fast and don't come back to the same branch very quickly. I kept a few more than this, but these are the best quality, despite the light not being spectacular at that moment. This first one is cropped and I played with the highlights a bit. Used my 70-300 mm lens for all three.
From Photo of the day 2012
Again cropped, but otherwise straight. Cute little guys
From Photo of the day 2012
And this one - while having a huge distracting branch in the way - makes it in because of his expression, the nice light, the fact that its straight from the camera, and... on the full size version - you can see the shadow of the shop and me in his eye. A wild chickadee's eye! Crazy! Stupid branch. Oh well - you can't have everything go your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment