Friday, April 17, 2009

Cheam

From Photo of the day (2009)


Wasn't sure if I was going to get a shot today. It was raining hard when I went to work in the morning, drizzling until well after milking, then cloudy when I went to Paul's. While I was in town with the dog to mail things, hit the bank and the library it started pouring, then storming with big lightening bolts and thunder to boot. When I went to work in the evening it was like this! I didn't even take a coat. I got this shot on the way home from the road by one of our back fields. Mount Cheam in all its spring evening glory. There is a trail up to the top of it, I did it last summer with some friends - the view is spectacular - and I will likely do it again this year.

I increased the fill light to bring out the foreground, saturated to bring back the blue of the sky, sharpened, straightened, and (horrors!) used the graduated tint to get that sky just back to how it looks when you see it bare-eyed. All done in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment