Monday, June 29, 2009

Road trip - day 1

Ok, yesterday was a long driving day so I postponed the posting and working with photos until today.

Started off early from Agassiz - on the hwy by about 7:30 - 8 am after picking some lettuce in my garden and dropping it off at Anita's. I did a few stops along the way, but not many. First stop was in Rhododendron Flats in Manning park in hopes of catching the rhodo bloom that happens in June but I guess I missed it.

From Day 1


Or at least most of it... I did find a few in the shade. These are wild Pacific Rhodos.

From Day 1


Next stop was Hadley - I spotted a neat rock and stopped for pictures. Ended up learning there is an old gold mine up on the cliff, meeting some.. interesting characters including one particularly odd shop keeper who built "art" out of bits and pieces of washing machines, gearboxes and other machine bits. Also spotted this happy scarecrow which made me laugh. If you look close on the left ridge you can just make out the gold mine on the mountain.

From Day 1


From Day 1


Kept going, listening to my audio tapes, and stopped at the top of the hill coming out of Osoyoos for a scenic panorama.

From Day 1


Lunch was had at boundary Creek Provincial Park - it had a creek for the dog to lie in and we were both getting a bit warm. I found this caterpillar while the dog was wading and I was trying to read.

From Day 1


Got to Nelson in the evening - had dinner with the neighbours and am quite enjoying staying at the Grandparents cabin with my Aunt. I took some other pictues on a hike today but that I will update tonight. More stuff will probably happen between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment