Friday, June 19, 2009

Stave lake

From Photo of the day (2009)


Drove out to Maple Ridge to drop off some hoods and falconry equipment I made to Karen Kamstra of Raptors Ridge and see some of her birds and what not. Had a good day trying on hoods, clipping beaks, installing anklets and other such occasional jobs. On the way home I had planned to stop at the Stave Falls Powerhouse National Historic site, but I was running out of time and there was masses of construction so I'm not sure it was even open. I stopped further up from the dam and walked the dog on a trail called the "Railway Trail". There were lots of old trestles so I assume there used to be a railway there. They were working on the dam so the water levels were really low, the shores really muddy. I got this one of the dog's footprints on the beach when I spotted the colour difference in the sand/mud.

Some other shots I got of the "dead forest" of drowned tree stumps that would normally be underwater, and a foxglove on the side of the path.

From Photo of the day (2009)


From Photo of the day (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment