Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hicks lake

From Photo of the day (2009)


From Photo of the day (2009)


Took the dog up to Hicks Lake provincial park today - partially to make use of my annual BC Parks parking pass, and partially as I haven't hiked around the lake in over a year. Last time I did it Meg was little. Anyways, its a lovely hike, took me about an hour and a half of good walking. Somehow it felt longer than that though. Anyways, around the back part of the lake in the trees there are a lot of old stumps from the hand-tool logging era with springboard pockets in them (so they could get up where the wood was not too wide for their tools). Here are two of the stumps, the first one you can see the pocket in, the other was just so wide I made it a full frame shot. It had 2-3 rather large trees growing out of the top of it. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment