Wednesday, November 15, 2017

More Snow

 
 I took lots of photos today, many of them good, so here's my favourite five. Its been snowing pretty well all day and around -10 C, perfect weather for a longer walk. I headed out the back towards the spring, thinking to get some contrast of open stream with the snow. I put the neighbours' horse first as its by the top shot here. I love how you can see the falling snow in front of him and how the focus on him contrasts with the background. I cropped this in picasa and increased the highlights a smidge to brighten the snow.

I found this little spruce tree growing at the base of the old barn wall. I like the texture of the boards how it contrasted with the smooth snow. The tree gave it a subject and more interest. Straight from the camera.

 
I've been trying to get some good chickadee shots from around my feeder for a while, but have been unhappy with the lack of sharpness in the details at higher ISOs. I turned off the high ISO noise reduction in the camera and have been happier with the results. Got this guy in a more natural setting and was able to crop it down without the softness of before. Now to get some of these little dudes in flight!

Trees and rosehips on the side of Birch road at the start of my walk. Something about the scene is just right. I liked the added red from the rosehips to bring a bit more cheer to an otherwise chilly image. Straight from the camera.

 The view from partways up the hill to the spring. Again, the spots of the falling snow is just neat. The tall spruce looks a little forlorn in posture, giving some focus and setting the tone. Thinking I will use this as inspiration for the background of a painting... we'll see. Straight from the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment