Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Front Yard Visitors

 I took Meg and Anna out on a morning walk with the camera, hoping to find some good shots with no luck. I had resigned myself to posting my one accidentally cool shot I took yesterday and was getting ready to give Anna a bath when I heard a bird run into the window. I bundled up to go check it out, and was pleasantly surprised to find some Pine Grosbeaks at the feeder in nice light. I took some time to get as many nice shots as I could - including some of a Hairy Woodpecker that showed up and started having a go at the willow bushes just outside my front door. I haven't done much to these shots - mostly cropping (to get rid of things like the scuzzy bird feeder or some blurry christmas light wires) and a bit of fill light/highlights/shadows/sharpening in a few. All shot with the 70-300mm. I am very pleased with the results - sharp, neat compositions, great light, and even eyeshine! Yay! Maybe I'll post that other photo tomorrow.

 Male grosbeak with two females in the background

 
Close-up of the male investigating some sunflower shells dropped by the chickadees in the snow.

Hairy woodpecker in the willows. I love the contrast with the background in this one.

Male Pine Grosbeak by the feeder when I came out at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment