Thursday, June 9, 2011

Takeoff

From Photo of the day 2011
I didn't see much at Cadboro this morning for picture taking. I did have some fun trying out the 5 fps feature of the new camera on some pigeons, though my focus was off so they didn't make the cut.

Meg spooked this heron from the rock where I was going to take pictures of him (closer to shore) but he landed on this kelp-raft. I waited around long enough for him to take off and got a bunch of shots of his actual take off - being a heron, that part of his flight takes a second or two. I liked this one the best - you could see his face and the trail of water coming off his feet. It is far from camera-direct, however. I cropped this a fair bit to remove extraneous image and played with the highlights and fill light (the original was too dark). I also significantly sharpened it - all in Picasa 3.

Will have to figure out the focusing better for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment