Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bunker

From Photo of the day (2009)


From Photo of the day (2009)



Well despite my hopes that winter was just about over, I woke up to snow this morning. It still hasn't stopped - just varied in intensity. I had a few ideas in mind for today but ended up not taking any of them. Just as I finished feeding I noticed poor old Karl (the oldest buck goat we have) looking just generally tired and likely fed up with the cold. I thought if I boosted my ISO I might have enough light coming through the windows of the bunker for a shot because of all the snow outside. In the end I had to boost it to 800 (not great) and fend off curious female goats intent on coating my lens in goat spit. I actually like the other photo better but I thought I should post this one to fend off comments about the lack of goat photos I have on here. A bit of fill light, shadows/highlights, and a crop in Picasa to round it out.
I like the snow too, and, after reading some tips on Daily Dose of Imagery on how to make the snow look frozen in the air I was looking for a background to try this out. The bunker wall looked pretty usable. Shutter priority, a high shutter speed, and using ISO if you need it to get the light - though this shot had a fair bit of that. I only played with the shadows/highlights and added a tiny bit of saturation in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment