Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meg

From Photo of the day (2009)


My dog has finally made it to the daily photo! Been long enough, anyways. This was my last day at work before my regular 3 day break and I felt like I had exhausted my inspiration for farmyard photography - at least in the current cold conditions with all the animals inside. I did see an opportunity with a nice mature great blue heron in a field on my way to feed goats at Paul's but I didn't have my long lens on, I was in a rush, and I figured it would spook anyways. Just as I was leaving from Paul's, planning on shooting an old oil drum on the way out, Meg looked out of the gate at me (she takes her sweet time to get back in the truck). I snapped one shot, got inspired, and took a few more before getting her on her way. This one came out the best - I have only adjusted the colour a bit in Picasa to make up for a bit of a blueish tinge - probably a miscalculation in the auto-white balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment