Monday, January 19, 2009

Pigs

From Photo of the day (2009)


Came to work same as usual. Milked the cows, half way through the goats when Anita comes back from the flat-roofed shed and tells me I have to come see what George bought at the auction. My first two guesses were an angora goat and a second donkey. Nope - pigs! Apparently "Rufous" and "Molly" are to be added to our growing crew of pettable critters available for viewing by tourists. Cute now, but I'm sure they will be quite large by June. To be honest I like them more than the goats - for now anyways.

Had to play with Dad's old flash with its swivel top as the barn was dark. I am not very practiced with any sort of flash photography but I managed to use the top one to bounce off the wall of the pen as a bit of fill light, but I think I need a book on how to do this. Came out not bad though. Touch up of fill light and highlights in Picasa.

2 comments: