Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trench in snow

From Photo of the day (2009)


Played around with the flash and the heifers for a bit but the light in the barn is so poor and my flash photo skills need practice. Maybe at noon in the summer I could get enough light in there to take a half decent shot. Oh well.

I noticed this crevasse beside the bunker when I was feeding the goats in there. The snow from earlier has fallen off the roof in a pile and now the rain has dripped in the same place for several days - enough to cut a very thin trench all the way along the wall in an undulating manner. First time I noticed it. I cropped this shot to enhance the narrowness and get rid of some of the bunker wall and the extra snow on the sides. Only did a bit of highlights and colour in Picasa - granted I try not to do much more than that usually anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment