Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Goat

From Photo of the day (2009)


We have started feeding a larger bale to the goats in the bunker recently - which requires me to walk along the top of the concrete wall (about 18 inches thick) that forms one wall of the goat pens in the bunker. The goats aren't used to this yet, so they get a bit spooked and tend to stare. With the success of my last goat pic in the bunker I thought I'd see if I could get a shot of all the goat faces staring up - but to no avail. Even with the ISO boosted to 800, I couldn't get a shot without half the goats being blurry. Then this one goat stood up on the grain trough and I guess because she held still for a fraction of a second and had her head above the wall for just that little bit more light this shot came out alright. It wouldn't have worked if she wasn't white. I cropped this shot, sharpened and possibly a touch of highlights increase in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment