Monday, January 12, 2009

Lichen

From Photo of the day (2009)


Another miserably foggy day and wet. I was beginning to think I was going to run out of things to take pictures of before the weather got better. Then I spotted a board leaning up against the side of the heifer barn (which was originally built in the 50's as a two-story chicken barn) with this bit of lichen off to one side. The original idea for the shot was to include the board, but I couldn't get the narrow depth of field I wanted if I did - I tried one with just the planks blurring out with the lichen sharp and was surprised how much I liked that. And here it is - I enhanced the shadows a bit in Picasa3 and that is it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Em
    Easy to find these rustic shots at Georges?
    This one is lovely, the colors and lines are great!!
    But when will there be some artsy goat shots???
    I am sure many would agree, MORE GOAT PICS!!

    The crazy goat lady!

    ReplyDelete