Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Aerial Goats

From Photo of the day (2009)


I got this idea after I did the one of the cows, then was waiting for a day when I had enough time and energy and sun coming in to do it. I climbed up on top of the roof of the goat dairy which is kind of built like a little insulated building within the goat barn. I couldn't see as many of the goats as I was hoping for and the studs supporting the roof in one part were more distracting than I thought, so I took this one by sticking the camera on the other side of the studs and just shooting the one pen. There is slightly more space to this pen on the other side of the studs but this one is the largest. It currently holds 78 goats in the group known as the "soccer hooligans" for their terrible behaviour in the parlour. Granted they have improved beyond belief since August when it was not uncommon to hear me cursing loudly at milking time. Things flow fairly smoothly now, thank goodness.

I played with a few things in Picasa - sharpen, highlights, fill light, I think that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment