Friday, March 13, 2009

View


From Photo of the day (2009)


I've tried to climb up this clear cut across the street from work before, but from the other side (from the land owned by my previous boss) but it was too steep. This week I noticed a road cut but barricaded going in from the next plot of land. I parked in the road and took the dog to see where it went - I managed to get up there! I had pretty much given up last time. It wasn't too hard and the view was spectacular. Next time I go I will take a picnic and go further up and along to the rock bluffs. You can just make out my farm - it is just right of center, down and to the left of the big fuzzy patch (hazelnut orchard).

I stitched this together from six vertical photos in PanoramaPro; cropped, sharpened, saturated in Picasa.

The small version here doesnt really do it justice, click here to see a larger size on Flikr (my picasa account doesn't show it much bigger than here).

No comments:

Post a Comment