Saturday, March 21, 2009

Goat blur

From Photo of the day (2009)


Another DP Challenge entry - for the challenge "Abstract motion", where you either move your camera when taking a photo, or take a photo of a moving object. So this is intended to be blurry. I was at a bit of a loss for what to do for challenges this week (the other option was "Language") but the goats were cooperative (in one sense) by fighting for a good bit of time - enough that I could get a few shots like this. I picked this one out as the best one. It is an interesting style, not my usual, which is why I like this challenge thing - it gets me doing some things I normally wouldn't have thought of or tried.

I sharpened (a lot), played with the fill light and shadows, and saturated in Picasa.

The one below is the one I played with in Photoshop which has more options in an effort to make it just that little bit different for the challenge (this one is my real entry). I also cropped this one to centralize the goats more, and get rid of some of the wall. Which do you prefer?


From Photo of the day (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment