Saturday, March 7, 2009

Two left hands

From Photo of the day (2009)


I was in a rush at work today as I had to get back to do some laundry before heading off to the beginner's computer workshop I help teach on Saturday afternoons. Hence, no farm picture today. I checked out the past DP Challenge challenges for ideas for today and was going to play around with some sunglasses but then the guest on Quirks and Quarks (CBC radio) was mentioning bones in the hand. That gave me and idea to try get some shots with a flash through my hand, as a kind of x-ray look. It didn't work. I guess the flash that my friend had years ago was stronger than mine. Then I got around to some double exposures once I figured out I *can* make my flash flash more than once in 20 seconds, it just takes a lot of warming up. I was nearly late for my workshop. This is the best of my playing. I had a black fleece sweater hanging on the shower curtain rod (I wish my bathroom wasnt my only dark room!) and then with a 15 second exposure fired the flash twice, the second time after I moved my hand. The resulting shot has be cropped, fill light/highlights, shadows greatly enhanced (to get rid of the light on the fleece - dog hairs!), and then warmified to give my skin a better tone - all in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment