Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cemetery

From Photo of the day (2009)


I was looking for something for the next DP Challenge (A photo of something forgotten) at the cemetary - hoping to find a very old grave with most of the writing gone or something. Didn't find what I was looking for really, and now that I re-read the challenge it is titled "Remember those?" which makes me think more of fads and styles forgotten, not dead people. I will have to reconsider what I will enter. The other option is a photo where your main subject is the light source, we will see what happens. I still have 3 days. Anyways, at the cemetery I was amazed at the number of snowdrops - especially since we had such cold weather recently and these seemed to have survived quite well. Then the stairs going up just made a good photo. Meg is only in the shot because I really couldn't keep her out of it - oh well. She gives the shot some perspective as to how steep those stairs really are. Seeing as everyone who is in that cemetery died in the 30's or earlier I can't imagine many relatives that would visit would be able to get up those stairs, so it makes for a good, if pensive, dog walking area.
I have increased the shadows a bit, sharpened, and saturated this shot a bit in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment