Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kestrel, again

From Photo of the day (2009)


From Photo of the day (2009)


Spotted this guy on the way to Paul's, it might be (and I'm thinking it is) the same one I shot just before I started this blog. He is incredibly tame, a haggard (adult) though so I don't think I would want to trap him. If all goes well I will be flying one of these guys this year, yay! He was sitting on the wire then took off, flew right in front of me and pounced on something in the grass, missed, and took off into the distance. I did get a bunch of other shots but of course I had my cam set for the light on the wire so they were all underexposed. Argh. These two were the best, thought even they had to be a bit over worked in Picasa to get them to semi-decent state. I don't remember what all I did to them - sharpened, saturated, cropped, highlights, fill light, shadows.. way too much really. More of a salvage job than a touch up. Oh well. Some days......

No comments:

Post a Comment