Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Soapy

From Photo of the day (2009)


We have returned to pre-christmas weather out here in the Fraser Valley with arctic outflow wind warnings, subzero temperatures and the occasional bit of snow. BRR! With the time change I am up and out almost two hours before the sun is up again so it is even worse. My cow parlour was frozen this morning, all the automatic water systems were frozen again.. I thought this was march! Someone switched the weather from february to march and we got our march weather last month. Anyways, the cold is not really inspiring to go out and take photos in, especially after you have been out in it for 8 hours or so. So I've got another pseudo-studio pic I put together with a glass, some soapy water, and my ever useful (yet dog hairy) black fleece sweater. I wasn't planning on making it look like the glass was tilted but I got one like that by accident and I thought it made it look like the glass was falling over, so I kept it.
I increased the shadows to black out the fleece, highlights to bring back the glass and soap bubbles, cloned out some stray dog hairs, sharpened and cropped in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment