Thursday, February 12, 2009

Aged

From Photo of the day (2009)


From Photo of the day (2009)


I joined DPChallenge - a photography site where new photo challenges are posted weekly. The rules vary, but anything submitted must be taken during the week of the challenge with a digital camera. Members can then vote on which photo they like the best and winners get to be proud that other photographers picked their shot. This week there is the option of either things to do with gas stations, or using a tilted horizon well in a shot. I've been keeping my eyes open for ideas for either and spotted this on the way home from Paul's on the back side of the abandoned gas station on Hwy 7. I righted the falling over toilets by tipping the camera, so this would qualify for the tilted horizon one. Not sure if I will submit it as I have some ideas for the other challenge that I haven't taken yet. I've cropped this, done a little bit of hightlights and fill light.

The other shot was meant to be today's photo and, seeing as I was too busy to take any pictures yesterday, I figured I would post both. This is several layers of peeling paint on the back wall of the same gas station as the toilets. I have only played a little with the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment