Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One-eared Horse

From Photo of the day (2009)


Ok. So he really does have two ears. This is the same horse with a brand (or scar) that made it in January as photo of the day out grazing in the mole-y field. On such a close inspection it nearly looks like his ears have been docked - they are very short and stubby. Do they do that to horses?
Anyways, this one and another were in a closer field at the Blackberry Lane Bed and Breakfast today and, as I needed a shot for today and was on my way home, I stopped to see what I could get from these two. This one gave me the idea to try for the big nose look and I took some other ones where he looks more like a moose but the composition of this (a bit of a fluke as he moved on me and had his ear back) just really worked. I like the fence being right on the bottom and the clear gap of blue over his head is great.
I increased the highlights just a touch, other than that this is straight out of my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment