Friday, February 20, 2009

Burnt

From Photo of the day (2009)


I was assisting George this morning with a goat that had aborted but retained her kid (we were trying to pull it out) when Simon who does a lot of tractor work for us came in and asked me which apartment building I was in - then told me the middle one was on fire. Thank goodness it wasn't mine. I came home to this view - apparently the whole back of the building had been on fire for several hours after 8 am this morning. The water is still dripping out of and off the building from the fire trucks. I went out my back door and then down the green bit a few apartments to get a clear shot, but I can still see it easily from my porch. I think if it had started in a lower suite more of the building would be gone instead of damaged. Makes me think though - I am away so much, it would be something to come home from work and not have a home. I wonder if the person next door to where it started will be doing that tonight. I hope no one was hurt (or their pets) and that everyone can find a new place to live.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Blog, Thanks for the great read. The fire must have been scarey.

    ReplyDelete