Saturday, February 7, 2009

Morning Shadows

From Photo of the day (2009)


Today was beautiful - Simon came and helped me finish milking the goats and training the new set so we were done a little ahead of usual. I had an idea to get a shot of a very happy donkey by putting Magoo out in the field in the morning sun and getting a shot of him rolling (he usually does this as soon as he is out). I spotted this shot on the way to get him there - I would've stood further away from him so that we were distinct but he was being very uncooperative and unless I held him he would run over to the sheep pen to try steal the hay Simon was feeding them. In the end he didn't want to roll when I did get him all the way out - typical. I guess I can save that for another day.

I only increased the shadows a bit in Picasa to bring the focus back to our shapes on the ground. If I had been paying more attention to all around composition I would have moved his water pail into the shade so it wasn't so glaring white but I was too busy thinking about getting a shot and holding a frustrated donkey.

1 comment:

  1. Wait till I get him brushed for the next shot!!!! You both look very tall here!

    ReplyDelete