Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spring and Spokes

From Photo of the day (2009)


From Photo of the day (2009)


The title has more to do with yesterday's photo - well it was my idea for yesterday's photo but I was too busy moving mom goats around with all their new little kids to take it. So I took it today, and took another for today as well. I have been watching these snowdrops grow for the past week or so, waiting for their heads to turn over for a good spring shot. Yesterday looked good, and I spotted this old mushed apple from last fall right in their midst - which lined up a good contrast idea. I played a bit with the highlights and fill light in Picasa and thats it.

The bike - for today - grabbed me after I had gotten the flowers just because it was so green. I figured if I took the right perspective I could make it look interesting and I think I suceeded fairly well. I increased the shadows a bit in Picasa to make the tire and spokes stand out a bit more, otherwise this is straigt from the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment