Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Snow

From Photo of the day (2009)


I heard the forecast calling for snow last night but woke up this morning to rain. So, I figured, no snow today. I finished milking and it was raining slightly so I figured I should scrape out before it got worse (the scraper tractor is open and doesn't have any cover, so if its raining you get soaked). As I was finishing the rain started to change to snow, and after I came out from eating lunch (20 min after scraping) it was a full on blizzard and sticking to everything. Brrrr! By the time I left for Paul's 2 hours later there was several inches of snow, and drifts much higher than that. Didn't really want to take my camera out in this stuff and was too cold to find something at work so I took this out my sliding patio door at home with the heat up after a warm shower. Its still snowing. Looks like we are in for more misery tomorrow, then it should all melt Friday. The joys of working outside - sigh.

I increased the contrast a fair bit in picasa by playing with highlights and shadows, and a touch of fill light, nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment