Monday, February 23, 2009

Stick! Stick!

From Photo of the day (2009)


I was looking for an entry shot for this weeks DP Challenges - either a puzzle/puzzling thing, or an action shot. I took the dog out to Greenpoint on Harrison Lake and got a few (lots I should say) blurry shots of her chasing ducks and running through the water. Then I found a place where the light reflected off the water better so I could up my shutter speed without playing with the ISO and managed to throw the stick straight out in front of me while trying to hold my cam with its long lens. I got this - saw it in my screen and said I've got what I want. I have cropped this down to get rid of some excess blank water, increased the contrast a bit in Picasa, then used photoshop's smart sharpen to just bring out the details in her fur a touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment