Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kids

From Photo of the day (2009)


I have a few reserve photo ideas on the farm for when I am completely stumped or have no time - no doubt they will show up here eventually. But not today! I turned around after unloading hay in the flat roofed shed to see Anita's daughter, Rebecca, standing with her red cap in the door of the barn. She wasn't smiling and the goats were poking at her and I thought - what a neat shot! I had to set this shot up afterwards, asking Rebecca to come and help, and being her photogenic self she changed it a bit (for the better I think) by smiling up from under her cap a bit low around her eyes. The colour of the barn door and her cap and mitts just works - and red is always a good colour. When Anita came by when she had finished washing up (after this shot was taken) she tried to clean her up a bit but I think this just has "kid" written all over it. In more ways than one if you count the goats.

And for once, this shot is straight out of the camera.

2 comments: