Friday, February 13, 2009

Ghostly SUV

From Photo of the day (2009)


My idea for DPChallenge's gas station challenge was to get it in the evening with a long shutter to get the trailing lights of the cars. It didn't work out quite like I planned... The gas station across from my appartment just isnt really that busy at 630 in the evening (Agassiz for you). So then I started taking some shots of the intersection near by which had more cars with a little more luck. I played with a large number of shots and finally got my camera to F25 so I could use a 15 second shutter and get all the colours on the traffic light. Somewhere in between that I got this one - with an SUV that pulled up and had to wait before turning left. None of the other cars were there long enough to show up at all (which is kind of neat in its own way) but this one came out a bit ghostly with its trail of tail lights coming in behind. I thought it was quite cool. I'm really starting to like the tripod thing when I remember to bring it. I am going to try for some decent star shots eventually, when I get a clear night and have my tripod with me.

I have only cropped this and increased the shadows a tiny bit in Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment