Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eyes

From Photo of the day (2009)


Ok so this is probably a little odd, if not more than a little. Its not really what I was trying for but my wide angle lens doesn't zoom any closer, and my long lens has too long a minimum focusing distance to take pictures in my bathroom. I was trying to take something that I could crop to just one eye but no luck, not only that but the other crops just looked creepy. I think it has something to do with seeing only half a face. This is the best I got - more of a self portrait cropped in an interesting manner more than anything else. Oh well. Would it be calling myself vain if I said I was inspired for this while looking in the mirror?
I set up my tripod on the counter with one leg in the sink as I could not (obviously) shoot this hand held myself. I was going to use my remote but found I didnt need it. I marked out the edges of the frame with erasable marker on the mirror so I would know where to put my face and then just played around. You can actually see some of the marker off to the left as a bit of a dark haze - Oops. I could have cloned it out in Photoshop, but I guess I am lazy. I did have to adjust my white balance to account for the incandescent lights, play with highlights/fill light and sharpen the end result in Picasa. And of course, this is cropped as well.

2 comments: